SADI-S Weight Loss Surgery
(Single anastomosis duodeno-ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy)
It is a new surgical technique of bariatric surgery; which purpose is to achieve an adequate weight loss and end all diseases associated with obesity. It consists of a Duodenal Switch, in which only an anastomosis or intestinal junction is needed.
Indications about SADI Bariatric Surgery:
- Patients with super-obesity (BMI> 55-).
- Metabolic syndrome.
- Patients in whom Gastric Sleeve has failed.
- It is performed by minimally invasive surgery.
- A Gastric Sleeve or Vertical Gastrectomy is performed.
- Grape and section of the duodenum 3 cm from the pylorus.
- Duodenum-Ileal anastomosis in loop at 2.30mts ileocecal valve.
SADI-S Surgery Advantages:
- The pylorus is preserved, which prevents alkaline reflux.
- Decreases the surgical time.
- It avoids the opening of the mesentery with the possibility of internal hernia development after it.
- It has a restrictive component, by the extirpation of the greater curve of the stomach.
- Malabsorptive component, since there is a common channel of 230 cm.
- More than 90% of the excess weight is lost after one year of the surgery.
- Glucose control the first week after the surgery.
- Normalization of glycosylated hemoglobin levels three months after the surgery.
Risks to consider:
- There is a 3% to 5% range of risks, which include infection, bleeding, atelectasis, thrombosis, anastomosis or stapling line leakage.
- Analytical monitoring is necessary to avoid malnutrition.
- Psycho-nutritional connection to achieve a new lifestyle.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
• 1 hospital night.
• Medical fees.
• Medicinas dentro del Hospital.
• Nutrition consultation after surgery (1 and 2 of nutrition and / or one month of follow-up).
• Psychological assessment + 1 consultation (stage 1 and 2 of Psychology) / or one month of follow-up.
• Stay of a companion in the facilities of the hospital.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
• Extra charges due to complications or extra non-standard tests additional to the package offered.
• An additional charge applies to patients with a BMI (Body Mass Index) greater than 50, which is considered high risk.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT OF THE SURGERY:
Once your appointment for surgery is confirmed, the hospital will require an initial refundable deposit to reserve the date suggested by you and the balance will be reimbursed.
* Previous approved surgeries.
* A previous deposit is required to confirm the surgery.